Wednesday, June 04, 2008

3-day Walk Benefiting Susan G. Komen For The Cure


I am a 3 -Day Walker!
It's a 60 mile walk (over 3 days) to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.

It started on Saturday night -- at a party, an agent in our office mentioned that she has always wanted to do this walk. Another agent said, "so, let's do it". Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, but the next morning, I got nervous about raising the money to qualify. I have to raise $2,200 in order to be able to walk... I sent e-mails out last night to family and past client/friends and have already received almost half the required amount! So, now I'm excited and will probably raise my goal.

So then the reality of walking 60 miles started to come over me. Our broker said "that's like walking to Atlanta!" Wow! I sure didn't think of it like that. But, I'll start training next week and I know I'll be ready by October. Three other agents in our office have said they'll sign up, but I'm not sure how many we'll have in the end. Whatever happens, I know I'm in.
To find out more about the walk of if you want to make a donation, here's the link . To keep up with my successes, just check back on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on signing up! If you know of anyone who would like to participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day this year but does not want to walk, we're looking for volunteer crew members for all positions, including medical professionals.

Crew members commit four full days to the event (Thursday to Sunday) and must be 18 years or older. Anyone interested in joining the crew can contact coaches@the3day.org or 800.996.3DAY.